Friday, September 24, 2010

Doppelganger.

Last Friday I went to dinner with a good friend. After dinner we were standing in front of the restaurant waiting for valet to bring our car. This older woman came up to me and said, "Hey!" I searched her face trying to think which campaign party or courtroom that I had met her at. I returned the greeting and waited for her to start the conversation and hopefully tell me who she is. Then she said, "Smile. Everyday, smile...please." I thought ok, this lady is just drunk and needs to keep on walking. Then she said, "I would give anything to be in your shoes."

Seriously?? Who wants to be in my shoes; who wants to be me? I don't know who this woman was but she got me thinking. No one really wants what they have...they always want what someone else has no matter how minor it is. I always liked being myself and I love my life but sometimes I wish I lived in a bigger house or that my medical bills would mysteriously vanish or that I was a little thinner and had a boyfriend. We always want something bigger or better than what we have and we're never truly satisfied with who we are and what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment