Monday, October 25, 2010

Tight grip on reality

Though I haven't blogged in a hot minute, nothing has changed. I'm still a single 25 year old living at home with dad, barely making an income and still don't have much of a social life. You might wonder why I don't just stop complaining and do something about it? Well, it's a little more difficult than all of that...at least in my mind. I work for my father. Big shocker, I'm sure. But I don't make much because I'm the daughter and I live at home so to my father he doesn't see a reason why I need to make all that much money like I used to because I don't have rent or utilities to pay for anymore. And if I leave and go somewhere else I would be slapping my father in the face. I've been working in the legal field for just about 6 years now so the only job I would have enough experience for would be in the legal field which would mean that I would go work for a rival attorney....which is no bueno in my father's eyes.

And as far as fixing the single and no real social life thing...it's easy I know because I've done it before and it was great. But I just feel like a literal stick in the mud who can't seem to get things going. I just don't want to make the effort...I just want it to fall into my lap. Is that too much to ask for?? Apparently it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment