Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why can't you just be normal?

I was asked by a co-worker today, "Why can't you just be normal?" He said that I'll never get married or find a boyfriend because I'm just too goofy. I'm sorry but I'm just going to have to disagree with that statement. Just because I enjoy Doctor Who, Star Trek, Disney and find little stupid things amusing doesn't make me essentially 'broken' in a sense to where I can never find someone who will want to be with me. There are plenty of people who have their love of World of Warcraft and Dungeons & Dragons and they are in relationships. It's as simple as finding someone who enjoys the same things that you do and if not they accept your weird quirks and let you be who you are. Yes, I love geeky things that are not 'normal' but why would I want to be with someone who I couldn't be myself with? Besides...I like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment