Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm back!

Though I haven't written on here in quite some time not a whole lot has happened...for the most part. We've already established that I'm quite boring at times so this shouldn't surprise you in the least bit.

During my absence I found out that I have a new baby brother coming. The whole story encompassing this would be much too long and complicated to explain. We'll just say that we are all excited about a new life and addition to the family but none of us are very happy about the circumstances leading up to it. But either way there's nothing anyone can do about it and it just is what it is.

I also found out that my grandmother has stage 2 ovarian cancer. It scares me that 1. this increases my risk of developing a cancerous cyst 2. I've already had one ovary removed and might lose the remaining one 3. I'm scared for her. Though her and I are not close by any means I don't want her to pass without me kind of making amends for my negative feelings toward her all these years. My mother has made me promise to go visit her before she passes. She's still fighting it and no one has given her a time limit on life but we're all scared in general.

There's much more to be said about losing friendships, dealing with anxiety, depression and other stupidity but that's a story for a different time. And now despite all of this I'm legitimately happy. See, I sat down and had a talk with myself and said, 'Self, you can't go around all gloom and doom, over analyzing everything and not doing anything to change your outlook.' So I changed it...and it feels good!

One thing is for sure...I'm definitely avoiding negative people like the plague because that shit will come back and stick to you double fold.

1 comment:

  1. Negative people are not fun. I've been trying to weed them out as well.

    ReplyDelete