Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Really??

A friend of mine just said to me, "as long as you always make the decision to better your relationship with your family and you don't leave your child behind then you'd be a good mom." The fuel behind her statement is a fight her and I got into over Christmas break. And I will say that every time I go home for the Christmas I struggle with evening out the time between my friends and family because there's a lot of people there that I only get to see once a year. Yet each year her and I always get into an argument because she thinks I'm not making enough time for her. This year was no different. She was even more hurt because I didn't spend more than an hour give or take with her son. I won't go into specifics for fear of me getting on my soap box but I will say that it was not my fault that I didn't get to spend as much time with her as either of us would have liked.

Why do people feel the need to give their opinion when it was clearly not asked for? If you really think someone needs to hear something you might want to take the time to really put thought into what you're saying and present it better so you don't offend the person you're talking to especially if you claim that they are your family.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I totally agree that people need to stop giving their opinions on something no one asked for it on!!! And if they *have* to say something they should at least try to make it non offensive!

    ReplyDelete