Tuesday, November 23, 2010

THANKSGIVING!

I am SO thankful to have my family. I know that there are some people who don't have a family or are estranged from their families and I can't imagine the heartache they must feel not only year 'round but even more so during the holidays. For the first time in YEARS we are all under one roof and we are all happy to have each others company! This is the first Thanksgiving in 5 years that I am actually happy to be where I am and who I'm with for the holidays.

My dad, uncle and I put the Christmas tree up Saturday. Even though we bicker about the location of the decorations on the tree or what angle it needs to be at, we're building memories that I will cherish forever.

No matter how much griping and complaining I do in life I am grateful for the family I have and the friends who are closer than family. Sometimes I forget this simple treasure but when the holidays come around I am reminded how lucky I am to simply be me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment